The 2019 Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship Application is now Open
To be considered for this honor, applications MUST
be submitted online or postmarked by Saturday February 23, 2019
THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT (STUDENT) MUST:
- BE RELATED TO A FIREFIGHTER or,
- BE A FIREFIGHTER or,
- BE RELATED TO A FIRE DISTRICT COMMISSIONER, FIRE DISTRICT SECRETARY, FIRE DISTRICT TREASURER OR DEPUTY TREASURER, A FIRE DISTRICT ADMINISTRATOR/MANAGER or,
- BE AN EXPLORER IN A FIRE DEPARTMENT
- THE FIRE DISTRICT / FIRE DEPARTMENT MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF THE ASSOCIATION OF FIRE DISTRICTS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
AFDSNY awards four (4) scholarships a year for $1,500 each, to graduating high school seniors who plan to attend a two (2) or four (4) year institution of higher education and will be pursuing a community service related career. This may include but is not limited to fire service, EMS, nursing, social work, health related services, teaching, paramedic, etc.
All applications will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee of the Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York. Financial need academic achievement and community service are all factors in the selection process. All decisions of the Committee are final. Awards shall be made directly to the winning recipients, awards will only be made upon successful completion of the first semester and upon proof of registration for the second semester at an accredited institution of higher education.
Any incomplete application will be NOT be accepted for consideration.
Applying online will ensure your application is delivered on time and most efficiently.
Step by Step instructions for Online Application
1. Print the REQUIRED forms to be submitted with your Application
Forms REQUIRED for Online Application
2. Complete and gather required forms
Teacher Recommendation #1
Teacher Recommendation #2
Fire Service Reference
Guidance Counselor Endorsement
A copy of your most recent transcripts
Proof of Income documents (copies of applicant;s parent(s) or guardian to include both pages of their most recent IRS 1040, including copies of the W2's)
3. Click the link below to begin the Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship Application
Begin Online Scholarship Application
If you prefer not to apply online please Download the Application below. Application must be postmarked no later than
Saturday - Feb. 23, 2019
AFDSNY Scholarship Committee
PO Box 133
Brookhaven, NY 11719
Download PDF 2019 Application
Questions or further information:
AFDSNY Scholarship Committee Chairman